Monkeys jumping around, the strains of Also sprach Zarathustra, THAT voice – the science fiction classic of science fiction classics is back to dazzle and enthrall us once more.
2001: A Space Odyssey, the 1968 movie directed by the much beloved Stanley Kubrick, is back for a limited one-week engagement from September 27 till October 3. Singapore is the only country in Southeast Asia to showcase 2001: A Space Odyssey in IMAX.
Here’s the synopsis:
“A stunning meld of music & motion based on Clarke’s short story The Sentinel. At the dawn of Mankind, a tribe of ape-like beings are visited on Earth by a large black monolith. Thousands of years later, in the year 2001, scientist Dr Heywood Floyd (William Sylvester) discovers a similar black monolith on the moon, which then emits a signal aimed at the planet Jupiter. A year later, astronauts David Bowman (Keir Dullea) and Frank Poole (Gary Lockwood) are en route to Jupiter to investigate the signal’s destination and purpose. However, their mission comes under threat when the ship computer, HAL (voiced by Douglas Rain), seemingly develops a malfunction.”
Tickets for this IMAX engagement, exclusively at Shaw Theatres Lido IMAX®, go on sale 25 September. And thanks to our friends at Warner Bros Singapore, we have 10 pairs of IMAX preview tickets to a 2001: A Space Odyssey screening on Monday, September 24 to give away.
How can I win this?
- “Like” Geek Crusade to qualify.
- “Share” our post on your Facebook profile (set to public) and tag at least one person you want to watch the movie with. (You can find the post HERE) The more friends you tag, the better your chances of winning.
- Watch the trailer above and answer a simple question HERE.
Closing Date: 10pm, September 20. Winners will be announced by the next day.
Terms & Conditions:
- Winners will be notified via email.
- Multiple entries with the same IC No. or email will not be accepted.
- Prizes are not transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other services.
- Geek Crusade reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notification.