There’s only one thing Geek Crusade can say about this year’s San Diego Comic-Con panel schedule: it is JAM PACKED with awesome.
We will, of course, be at preview night today (starting July 18, 9am Singapore time), when the pilots for four brand new shows will be screened in Ballroom 20: Almost Human, The Originals, The Tomorrow People and The 100. Look out for our reviews, coming straight after.
We’ve also been granted some very exciting interview opportunities for Friday and Saturday, which will require some tag-teaming in order to attend all the awesome panels we want to cover. We can’t say too much at the moment, but follow us @GeekCrusade for updates!
Just like last year, we’re keeping Thursday (July 18) and Sunday (July 21) free for walking the convention floor. Come Friday morning (July 19), we’ll be camping out for a MEGA PANEL DAY in Hall H:
- The World’s End (10-11am) with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright – the creative team behind Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz spill the beans on their apocalyptic comedy
- Kick-Ass 2 and Riddick (1215 – 115pm), featuring Vin Diesel and Starbuck herself, Katee Sackhoff
- Next up, the cast and crew of The Walking Dead (135-230pm) tell you what’s in store for season 4. In attendance -stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, David Morrissey, Scott Wilson, and Chad Coleman. They’ll be joined by executive producer and showrunner Scott Gimple, executive producer Robert Kirkman, executive producer Gale Anne Hurd, executive producer Dave Alpert, and special effects makeup supervisor and executive producer Greg Nicotero
- Another crazy popular TV show, Game of Thrones (250-345pm), will also be there. Featured cast include (deep breath): John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Rose Leslie (Ygritte), and Richard Madden (Robb Stark). And let’s not forget Kit Harington a.k.a Jon Snow, who missed out on last year’s GOT panel due to an injury.
- The highlight of the day – Sony & Screen Gems (405-615pm), where Sony unveils their summer slate of four movies. The cast and crew of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, RoboCop and – get ready for this – The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will all be in attendance.
Saturday (July 20) is going to be another red-letter day, and the moment for some big, big movies to take the spotlight in Hall H again. So we’ll be camping out once more.
- The day starts with Warner Bros Pictures and Legendary Pictures Preview Their Upcoming Lineups (1045am-115pm), and panels for FOUR blockbusters. Godzilla, Seventh Son, 300: Rise of an Empire, Gravity and The Lego Movie will all feature. It’s unclear who’s going to be in attendance, but the stars of these movies include Jeff Bridges, Jeff Daniels, Eva Green, George Clooney and Alison Brie.
- Next, Lionsgate (135-235pm) previews two upcoming movies. The panel for I, Frankenstein comprises director Stuart Beattie, Aaron Eckhart, and the gorgeous Yvonne Strahovski, formerly of Chuck and Dexter. Meanwhile, the cast of the hotly anticipated The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will come to Hall H for the first time. If Jennifer Lawrence doesn’t turn up, we will totes get a bow and some arrows and kill some animals. For sustenance, of course.
- 20th Century Fox (415-545pm) then takes the floor with a slate that is still TBA. Given the scoops and rumours circulating in the past week, we at Geek Crusade would put money on an X-Men: Days of Future Past panel, as well as announcements of an X-Force movie and a possible new Predator project.
- It all ends with two Marvel Studios panels (6-7pm) for Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is the only confirmed guest as of now – but “many surprise guests” are promised.
You can find the full Comic-Con schedule here. And if you’re an SDCC noob, check out our Ultimate Comic-Con Survival Guide for some important information.
Look out too for our updates from Comic-Con every day, as we send out blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, Google+ Hangouts and Instagram videos. We will be especially active when we’re camping out in the early hours (PST) – hope the wifi connection holds up!
What are you looking forward to at this year’s Comic-Con? Leave us a comment and tell us!