Reporting from D23 in Anaheim, California
We made it! After 14 hours (yes, really) of lining up alongside thousands of people, we made it into Hall D23 for the “Disney, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm: Live Action at the Walt Disney Studio” presentation. It’s the place where Disney shows off exclusive content and makes big first announcements about their properties.
And together with 7,500 other people, we got our first glimpse of an Avengers: Infinity War trailer, unveiled by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige early this morning! It was epic! It was mind-blowing! It was MARVELOUS! (see what I did there?). Unfortunately, since we weren’t allowed to take photos or footage on pain of death (I’m pretty sure there were SHIELD agents lurking amongst us), we’ll just have to tell you you about it with good old-fashioned words:
- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) will run into Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) and the Guardians of the Galaxy, and his brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) will feature too.
- All those reports about Tom Holland’s Spiderman not having his Spider-sense? They may well be a red herring because a sequence in the trailer features a close-up of the hairs on Peter Parker’s arms standing on end before danger erupts.
- Spidey will wear the new suit featured at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- A bearded Captain America (Chris Evans) will make an appearance and he looks like he’s been through a whole lot.
- Lots of mayhem! Several heroes including Spidey look mortally wounded.
- THANOS (Josh Brolin) TAKES DOWN A PLANET WITH THE INFINITY GAUNTLET!!! Well okay, part of it only, but still.
View this post on Instagram
D23 Expo Day 2, midnight. D23 Expo sleepover! This is the overnight line for the 10am Disney, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm live action movies panel. L and I got in and got wristbanded too which is apparently a guarantee to enter Hall D23 for the panel in question. Yippeeee!! And zzz zzz…. Yeap, they have TV screens in here that play Disney movies on loop and it's Beauty and the Beast right now. 😀 #D23Expo2017 #D23Expo #fandomlife #didigeekpilgrimage #diditravels #anaheim #sgig #igsg
The Infinity War trailer came at the tail-end of the two-hour presentation, during which Feige also revealed a new MCU logo for 2018, when the MCU celebrates its 10th anniversary (has it been that long??).
There were more than a few stars in attendance too. Our ever-beloved Iron Man Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange), Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier), Anthony Mackie (Falcon), Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Dave Bautista (Drax), Karen Gillan (Nebula), Pom Klementieff (Mantis)….I lost count.
Now, I’m going back to bed because I’m no superhero.
Avengers: Infinity War opens in Singapore on April 26, 2018.